Recon Tactical Rifle, .338 Federal, 16″ Barrel, 1-10 Twist, Black
When you need impressive power and range with the advantage of quick followup shots the .338 Federal in a Wilson Combat AR rifle is a potent choice. The .338 Federal from Wilson Combat is ideal for any medium-large game hunting in North America including trophy wild hogs, elk, moose and bear.
Considered by some ballistic experts to be the ideal cartridge for North American big game, the .338 Federal is also known for superb accuracy and stopping power in a controllable package. The .338 exhibits impressive downrange ballistics comparable to 7mm Magnum or .338 Winchester Magnum class cartridges with the added ability to fit in a lightweight short action semi-auto like our BILLet-AR rifles. The .338 Federal cartridge is based off the .308 Winchester and uses the same receivers, bolt and magazines as its parent cartridge without any loss in capacity.
These rifles utilize our lightweight, in-house machined BILLet-AR receivers and Wilson Combat Match grade barrels. This rifle is further enhanced with our renowned custom features like our renowned button-rifled Match Grade barrels, T.R.I.M hand guard rail and crisp, reliable Tactical Trigger Units.
The rigid but lightweight BILLet-AR receiver with 14.7” barrel and pinned muzzle device of your choice is one of the handiest semi-auto big game rifles on the market. The .338 Federal is also offered in a medium profile 16” fluted and unfluted barrel versions.
- Caliber: .338 Federal
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Overall Length: 37.75″
- Weight Empty: 8 lbs
- Billet Upper (Flat Top) and Lower Receiver
- Wilson Combat Recon Tactical Match Grade Barrel
- LO-Profile Gas System
- Threaded Muzzle with Rapid Thread Muzzle Brake
- Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. Rail
- Bravo Company Manufacturing Pistol Grip
- Rogers/Wilson Super-Stoc
- Wilson Combat TTU (Tactical Trigger Unit) Single Stage, 4#
- Premium Mil-Spec Bolt and Bolt Carrier, MP Inspected, NP3 Coated
- Quick Detach Sight Set, Rail Mount
- Mil-Spec Hard Anodize Finish on Upper / Lower Receivers
- Armor-Tuff® Finish